Monday, July 22, 2013

Q&A

Here are some questions I've been asked in emails that I thought I'd share.
 
How can I make scripture study more meaningful?
For scripture study, I'd recommend planning your study somehow. Do you have any doctrinal questions/wonderings? Is there something you want to work on personally? Do you want to get to know the scriptures better? Think about it and "set goals and make daily plans" (You'll hear that a TON in Preach My Gospel) to work towards whatever it is. Another idea is that in Preach My Gospel, at the end of each chapter, there are a TON of study activities. Some are obviously missionary-centric but others are more universal and simply gospel-centric. Great stuff! 
 
 How has God lifted you up?
He has lifted me up as on "eagle wings". I've been so much stronger than before thanks to the enabling power of the Atonement/grace. Whenever I think I don't know what to say, I eventually know what to say. I have been able to find "just the right scripture", without even knowing what I'm looking for. I can speak Spanish pretty well! I'm much more hugging tolerant than I used to be. After the mission, don't be too surprised if I actually give you a hug instead of you giving me a hug. The hispanic culture has taught me well. :) Anyway, God has lifted me up in so many ways. I was actually studying that and finding every instance of that metaphor in the scriptures. Here's a list of references.
Exodus 19:4
Deuteronomy 32:11
Isaiah 40:31
Psalms 103:1-5
D&C 124:18,99
Revelation 12:14
 
 Who from the scriptures are you most excited to meet when you die?
Hard question... Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ first, but that's a given. Definitely Joseph Smith, Alma the Younger, Moses, Paul, Enoch, anyone who had a mighty change of heart and was totally transformed from being evil, carnal, or weak or at least mediocre, to being an amazing powerful instrument of the Lord.
 
Oh, and a picture. Don't worry if you're an odd duck! Chances are you're not alone!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment