Monday, July 15, 2013

Hi there!

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted! So much has happened and even last week seems like an eternity ago.
 
I've been told by various people that the 4th transfer is the hardest. Now that I'm officially in the middle of the 4th transfer of my mission, I can see why. It's dawning on me that I'm in it for the long haul and that this is my life. It really does feel like I've left my previous life in Montana and BYU-I behind. That and our plans keep falling through (more than they did before) and I often feel so clueless, since I'm senior companion now it's often up to me to call the shots on where to go and what to do.
 
But there have been so many blessings as well:
 
July 1st:
Today's been a crazy week! First off, my new/old companion Hermana Hunter. Just working with her has been such an adventure. I'm so excited for this transfer! I've been stretched a lot, since I'm senior companion now (basically means I call the shots for where to go, what to do, take initiative in teaching). We're equal partners, but I'm the one that knows the area/the investigators so I've had to really step up. I'm also the one driving. Even though I've bought a GPS, and I've been to a lot of places in Denton before, I still get lost... It's been great though. We've also found a lot of people who are ready to hear the gospel. One of the families was so excited when they saw us and invited us in like they were members already! And we found another family who wants to get baptized on their 25th marriage anniversary! And there have been so many times where we were led by the Spirit to be at the right place at the right time.
 
July 8th
My week's been great! This 4th of July, we missionaries walked in a parade, alongside a float I helped make (see picture). It was hilarious how most of the audience was just smiling and waving and the members in the audience were freaking out and cheering us on. :) Hermana Hunter and I have been having a lot of agua fresca adventures, and made some french toast. She got a culinary degree so it makes me happy that she loves cooking as much as I do. And Ricardo's doing great! He's so strong and has so much faith...
 
The main struggle is that I often don't know what I'm doing. I know I need to walk by faith but I wish I could know when I'm being guided by the Spirit. I guess that's not how Heavenly Father works. Sometimes I feel like I'm just wandering, but at least I'm going about doing good and I keep moving...
That and our number of lessons taught has been really low this week... We only had 9 and we can usually get 20 or more. And it's not for lack of trying. Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong or if it's just bad luck or a test of patience...
 
July 15th
Hmmm...What happened this week? It seems like last Monday was an eternity ago, possibly because I'm mentally moved so far since. Well, we've taught a lot more lessons, visited a lot of less active people, and found some new investigators. And my companion had really bad migraines for most of the week. Best we could do was let her sleep all through studies and she'd go with me no matter what she was feeling like so we could go teach people. Not the most ideal but we made it and she had a really good attitude about it.
 
Also, a message to one and all: Never underestimate the influence you have on people, on the influence people have on you. There have been a few people, investigators and members alike that have amazed me and strengthened me this week. So if you're feeling insignificant or overlooked, look harder. People are amazing and you are amazing. Pray to see that in yourself and others and I know God will help you see that.
 
Oh, and have a crazy (but true) photo. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment