Monday, March 25, 2013

Who art thou?

This week brought a promise from one of the MTC teachers during "coaching missionary study" (basically personal coaching on a companionship basis). He brought up the story in Moses chapter 1. Moses is transfigured and sees a vision of the earth and everything on/in it. God then leaves Moses for a while and Satan comes and tempts him. Moses casts out Satan, and then sees an even fuller vision of the earth and of God's purposes. I highly recommend reading, whoever you are.

He said something like "God never wants you to not talk to someone, especially as a missionary. It's Satan who is tempting you to not open your mouth. Satan always pokes at our weaknesses, and this happens to be yours. Perhaps Satan can't get at you in other areas of your life. This chapter is for you. Like Moses, you can discern that it's Satan who doesn't want you to talk to people to keep them away from the Gospel. Like Moses, you can tell Satan "Who art thou? Where is thy glory that I should worship thee?". You can say "get thee hence Satan" and call upon God to unloose your tongue. Call upon God every day to unloose your tongue."

I find it interesting that Moses was slow of speech as well. I don't know if that means that he had a stuttering problem, was afraid to talk to people, or if he wasn't eloquent or a man of many words. But regardless, God definitely made up for what he lacked and made him a powerful instrument in God's hands. I know the same can and will happen for me if I work my hardest and call upon God. I thought I'd share this because the same goes for you. I know that Satan's main "work and glory" is to hold you back and make you miserable. God's work and glory is to make you more than you can possibly imagine (like Him) and to help you soar. When times are hard and fear is holding you back, tell Satan/that fear, "Who art thou? Where is thy glory that I should worship thee?" There is none. God's way isn't easy, but it's definitely the best.

Now I've got The Who stuck in my head. "Whoooo are you? ooh ooh, ooh ooh"



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment