Monday, July 7, 2014

Here's what happened this week!

1. How are you increasing in "wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man?"

I'm also really excited to be in Lewisville for my last transfer. It will be a new experience being in 1 area for 7.5 months, but I'm also excited. In Denton and Temple, I didn't stay long enough to see most of the fruits of my efforts, even though I was there for 4.5 and 6 months respectively. But now I think I'll be able to stay and see what happens. We have 2 baptism dates and I really do think I'll be able to see them both get baptized! What a satisfying way to end a mission!

2. A spiritual experience you had this week?
One experience was studying for Juan (name change). In response to the fact that he keeps running into anti-Mormon information in his genuine search for truth, we wanted to teach him that there has always been opposition from Satan (because he knows it's true too) in the restored church, ever since Joseph Smith. I read all of Joseph Smith-history and the opposition is so apparent. It strengthened my testimony of the restoration to remember how much opposition this church has experienced from the beginning. No one seems to care about any other christian church (except for Catholics, maybe). There isn't a huge wealth of anti-Presbyterian or Methodist or Pentacostal information that I know of. Just for Mormons. It's evidence to me that this gospel is so true.

It was also amazing setting our other baptism date with Jose (name change). It's been a joy teaching him because he is so childlike despite being in his 30s. He's so humble, excited to learn, and every time we teach him something he didn't know before he says "Wow! Really?". When the opportunity to set a baptism date for 8/9/14, he responded with the same childlike enthusiasm. It's beautiful and shows me why we need to become like little children.

3. What successes have you had in reaching your weekly goals?
We did well considering we didn't have our car this week, and it takes forever to walk to anyone we're teaching. While it's hard, I do like how going car-less forces us to rely more on members. It really showed in the fact that we had 6 exchanges and 7 member present lessons.

4. Have you experienced any disappointments and how did you overcome them?
Satan's working overtime to make sure that Juan doesn't get to church. And despite our best efforts, we haven't been able to teach him this week. This is making me nervous... And no one came to church. What more can I do for this part of the vineyard??

No comments:

Post a Comment