Monday, May 6, 2013

Double weekly update

Week 4
The hospitality of people astounds me. Last week we met a couple investigators and taught them. They gave us a bunch of chicken from the grill and were very nice. We came over to teach them again and they gave us a bunch of food and invited us in their home and said "mi casa es su casa". That doesn't happen everywhere! Oh, and everyone gives us water bottles. I think I have 7 now.
 
Oh, and I found a funny unintended pun: We found a sign on someone's door that said "No soliciting or religious groups. No acceptions." I would have a picture if I didn't happen to be proselyting at the time. Either it's a grievous misspelling or there are no exceptions to the fact that no one will be accepted.
 
And I went on my first companion exchange a few days ago. The mission president has called a bunch of sisters in the mission as essentially the female equivalent of zone leaders so they can go on exchanges with all the sister missionaries, see how they're doing, and give feedback. It's about time, especially since I'm one of the first of a huge wave of sister missionaries. Anyway, she was English speaking, and it was crazy how big of a difference there is in the teaching environment and the culture.
 
Week 5
According to my MTC district's monthly update, I am a rapper. While that isn't true, I did bust out some rhymes.
 
We're going out yonder
to Ponder (TX)
cause that's where we wander
it makes the heart fonder
we want to stay longer
and we become much stronger
so down the street we saunter
out yonder in Ponder
where the grass grows longer.
 
Oh, and we were taught by an apostle, Elder Cook. It was amazing. :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment